Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chapter 10 Questions

Chapter 10
1.Why does Peeta reveal his love for Katniss? Do you think he really loves her? Why or why not?
He admitted it so he could become more popular with the people watching and to get more sponsors for him and Katniss. . But I don't think he is telling the truth and  Haymitch told him to say something like that.Which will probably get her more mad at Haymitch.
2. What is Peeta’s main concern during the hunger games? 
He doesn't want to die. But if he does he wants to die with his dignity and like himself not like a monster that will do anything to stay alive.
3. How does the Capitol view the previous arenas of the hunger games? How many games have there been? They view them as historic sites. They have them for people on vacation to see them. They let you see the spots were tributes died. They even let reenact the battles. There has been 74 Hunger Games.
4.What do you feel is the purpose of the hunger games?
I think it is a source of entertainment for the capital people. It is also to show the districts there in power. To show they could do nothing to stop them. To show supreme power over all the districts.
       QUOTES
"I have to raise my head out of the required respect and cannot avoid seeing that every screen is now dominated by a shot of Peeta and me, separated by a few feet that in the viewers heads can never be breached." (pg 134)
      "Peeta has only just stepped from his car when I slam my palms into his chest. He loses his balance and crashes into an ugly urn filled with fake flowers." (pg 134)
       " Tomorrow we will be in the arena. He has done me a favor and I have answered him with injury. When will I ever stop owing him." (pg 137)
       "And then because it's Effie and she's apparently required by law to say something awful, she adds I wouldn't be at all surprised if I finally get promoted to a decent district next year!" (pg 138)

No comments:

Post a Comment