Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chapter 11 Questions

Chapter 11
 1. What is the Cornucopia?
    The Cornucopia is a big basket. This Cornucopia has supplies of what the tributes need. But to get the supplies they need to fight for them. And unfortunately the most useful things are the ones farthest away.And the least useful are the closest. The Cornucopia is 20 feet high. 
 2. How does Katniss make it into the woods? What weapons does she choose? Why?
    Katniss  makes it into the woods with blood splattered on her face. Because when she was picking up a small bag, a boy started fighting her for it but then a career threw a knife at his back and he spit out blood which unfortunately landed on Katniss's face.And when she's running the career throws a knife at her head but Katniss blocks it with her bag.she chose the bag because she didn't want to leave with nothing.
  3. Why is Katniss angry at the tribute who starts the fire? Who is hunting in the pack?
    She was mad because the fire could attract  the other tributes making her an easy target.Which later attracts a career pack which is a pack of tributes who their whole lives have been trained to fight.But for some reason Peeta was in it.
   Important Quotes (4 minimum)
  •    "But the sun's in my eyes, and while I'm puzzling over it the gong rings out. And I've missed it! I've missed my chance!" (pg 150)
  •  "I allow myself to pause, panting as I count the shots. One ... two ... three... and on until they reach eleven. Eleven dead in all. Thirteen left to play." (pg 153) 
  • "I hear the pack heading toward me. They do not know I'm here. How could they?" (pg 160)
  • "We're wasting time! I'll go finish her and let's move on! I almost fall out of the tree. The voice belongs to Peeta." (pg160-Peeta)

No comments:

Post a Comment