Monday, October 11, 2010

Chapter 14 Questions

  Chapter 14
1. Who helps Katniss escape from the Careers? How?
       A girl named Rue helps her. She doesn't say much at first when she comes. But then Rue told Katniss of the tracker jackers on the branch. Which Katniss later drops on top of the careers. But also getting stung herself.
2. What does Haymitch send Katniss?
       Haymitch gives her a medical ointment  for the burns she got from the fire. Which helps her when she's cutting the branch with the tracker jacker's nest on it.
3. What does Katniss get from Glimmer's body? Why is this so important to her? 
     Katniss gets the bow and arrows that Glimmer had gotten. There important to her because it is an advantage she has.She can take out careers with it from a far. And she can hunt with it now. So now she has an actual chance at winning unlike before where she only had a knife.
4. What does Peeta do when he finds her?
       He tells her to run because the other careers where coming behind him.Which is weird because he was suppose to be helping the careers. So maybe he isn't that evil like Katniss thought at first when she saw him with them. 
5. What are the effects of the tracker jackers stings on Katniss?
     The stings injected a venom into her. The venom affected her in the brain making her have illusions of her worst fears like Prim dieing which she saw countless times while she was poisoned. It also made her feel weak and  wobbly. Then after a while the stings will swell up.
      QUOTES
  •  "Given my circumstances, I guess it doesn't matter what type of wasp nest it is. I'm wounded and trapped." (pg 186)
  • "Oh Haymitch, I whisper. Thank you . He has not abandoned. Not left me to fend entirely for myself" (pg 188)
  •   " I trip and fall into a small pit lined with orange bubbles that hum like that tracker jacker nest. Tucking my knees up to my chin I wait for death." (pg 194) 
  • "Peeta Mellark just saved my life. Then the ants bore into my eyes and  I out." (pg 194)

No comments:

Post a Comment