Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chapter 12 Questions

Chapter 12
 1. What is Katniss struggling to find?
     Katniss is struggling to find water.She is so thirsty that when she peed the urine was dark brown. Which is definitely not healthy.
2. In what ways is Katniss “playing the game”? 
       By playing the game she means she's surviving. She is surviving by camouflaging and eating bunnies. She's also playing the game by playing with the cameras. She's playing with the cameras by giving them looks as if she's thought up a plan.
3. Why doesn’t Haymitch send Katniss water? 
    Haymitch isn't sending her water because  he knows that she is close to water. But Katniss thinks its because he either despises her or he's drunk. But little by little  she knows that he's in fact trying to help her but can't always be giving her stuff since its not cheap.

Important Quotes (4 minimum)
  •  "Obviously, the noble boy on the rooftop was playing just one more with me. But this will be his last." (pg 162)
  •  "something I already knew, but I'm so thirsty it takes her reminder to give me the strength to fling them away." (pg 166)
  • "Then I know. There's only one good reason Haymitch could be withholding water from me. Because he knows I've almost found it." (pg 169)
  • "It's not yet dawn, but my stinging eyes can see it. It will be hard to miss the wall of fire descending on me." (pg 171)

No comments:

Post a Comment