Monday, October 11, 2010

Chapter 18 Questions

Chapter 18
1. What does Katniss do for Rue?
       Katniss sings a song for her that she used to sing for Prim and then Rue died. She also decorated Prim's body in flowers which they'll have to show on television because when they come to pick up the bodies they show a close up. 
2. Who sponsors a gift for her? What is it?
        They sent Katniss a loaf of bread that has seeds on the top which came from district 11, where Rue is from. The sponsors were from district 11. Which meant a lot to Katniss.
3. How does Katniss' attitude change after Rue's death? 
        She loses the will to to do the simplest tasks so she has to command herself to do stuff like eat or drink. As "if there was liquid lead in her veins"(page 248).
4. What rule change do the Gamemakers announce? 
       The rule they changed was that if both tributes from a district are the last ones alive they both win. Which is excellent news for Katniss enough that she yells out Peeta's name jeopardizing her life. 
  QUOTES

  • "The boy from District ! dies before he can pull out the spear. My arrow drives deeply into the center of his neck." (pg 233) 
  • "Rue's eyes have fluttered shut. Her chest moves but only slightly. My throat releases  the tears and they slide down my cheeks. But I have to finish the song for her." (pg  236)
  • "Bye Rue, I whisper. I press the three middle fingers of my left hand against my left hand against my lips and hold them out in her direction." (pg 237) 
  • "I try to hold on to the peaceful feeling of the dream, but it quickly slips away, leaving me sadder and lonelier than ever." (pg 241) 

No comments:

Post a Comment